Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mitt Romney vs. Barrack Obama...Obama wins...A Sad Day for America

I allowed myself to be hopeful, and that is what has caused such sadness and disappointment today.   But why shouldn't I be hopeful?  We had the chance to have such a good moral, ethical, fiscally smart and responsible, God-loving and heeding man to run our country.  Who wouldn't want that?  Apparently more than half of America.  I sincerely do not understand.

We also had the chance to have the leader of the land (Chief Judge) be in alignment with the prophet (Chief High Priest), something that has not happened since the times of the Book of Mormon.  What an historic moment and how blessed our country would have been for it.  For this I am truly sad.  However, it must not have been God's will or it would have happened.

It is also sad to see our country slip further and further into worldliness such as legalizing gay marriage in more states and legalizing the recreational drugs of marijuana in WA state and CO.  It is more important than ever to stand for what we believe and be "in the world, but not of the world."

I am grateful to live in a free land and have freedom of speech and religion.  I am even more grateful to be a member of His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and for the enduring principles that I can teach my children to help them navigate in these tough times.  I do not put my faith and trust in the President of the United States, Barrack Obama, at this time.  I do pray for him, but do not believe in so many things that he stands for.  I do, however, believe with my whole heart and soul in another President, our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  He has not changed and he never will.  I am grateful for this.  I know he is a true prophet.  I'm a  Mormon. I know it.  I live it.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment