Thursday, May 20, 2010

DESSERT on a DESERTED Beach

For Clint's birthday this year I took him to a seafood restaurant called "THE SURF" in Cocoa Beach, FL. He LOVES seafood, so instead of my original plan to make him dinner and take a picnic to the beach, I decided to surprise him by going out for seafood and making him dessert on the beach!

Let me give some details of the evening. For starters, we were the youngest people in the restaurant, you were supposed to be retired to eat there, apparently. Unless you ate at the more casual oyster bar called Shuckleberry Finn's, a name Clint found quite amusing! It did have live entertainment, though...a 90 year old man playing the saxophone and...singing? And the kicker was that the special of the day was...drum roll...LAMB CHOPS. At a Seafood Restaurant???!!! The sad part is that it got such good reviews for food and atmosphere on the net. Go figure!!!
After dinner we went to the beach, Clint found us a secluded area of the beach without even trying! It was fun and romantic. I had taken a small fondue pot powered by tealight candles to warm up homemade hot fudge. It was a bit challenging keeping the flame lit in the wind, but we managed and had YUMMY chocolate sauce to go on our cheesecake with fresh raspberries while we played my favorite game of Scrabble. That is the perogative of the planner...Clint's birthday, Ginger's favorite game. Actually, Clint likes the game, too!
I am just sorry there is not a picture of us TOGETHER, however, you did take me to a deserted beach. Thus, no one to take a picture of US!


SO, just imagine US sitting in our new beach chairs pictured below! I love you...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY!


No comments:

Post a Comment